POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Loss of Color in 3.7 ??? : Re: Loss of Color in 3.7 ??? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Loss of Color in 3.7 ???
From: Warp
Date: 10 May 2011 14:03:56
Message: <4dc97e0c@news.povray.org>
> - POV-Ray 3.7 RC3 defaults to #version 3.7 and assumed_gamma 1.0, so it
> makes no difference whether you explicitly specify those or not.

  Actually RC3 defaults to assumed_gamma 2.2 if #version is not specified,
for backwards compatibility with 3.6 (in other words, if #version is not
explicitly specified, the scene is assumed to use pov3.6 default assumed
gamma, which would be 2.2). By design. This was explicitly stated.

  You can test it. (I just did, to make sure I'm not speaking BS.)

  Hence I'm surprised that the OP is seeing washed out colors. Either he
is using an older beta, or he specified #version 3.7 in his scene.

--
                                                          - Warp