POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : load texture once - render multiple images : Re: load texture once - render multiple images Server Time
2 Jul 2024 11:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: load texture once - render multiple images
From: Alain
Date: 21 Apr 2011 19:19:37
Message: <4db0bb89@news.povray.org>

> Thank you all for help. Clockless animation is really what i was looking for,
> but it is only in version 3.7 i guess? Which is beta.
> I actually misinterpreted texture load speed. It came out it should be fast
> enough for me. There were another preceding operations (ImageMagick processing)
> that were causing slow down.
>
> Anyway, clockless animation is going to be quite cool feature i guess.

Current version is 3.7 RC3. The beta stage is terminated.
It's very stable.
It fully take advantage of multiple core and CPUs.
It implement several improvements for many features.
It introduce some new ones.
In many cases, it's faster than 3.6.

clockless animation disable image file writing. This means that the
result are only displayed on your screen, you can't view them later.
You can't render on one computer and have the result displayed on another.

Alain