POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : load texture once - render multiple images : Re: load texture once - render multiple images Server Time
2 Jul 2024 11:34:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: load texture once - render multiple images
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 21 Apr 2011 04:33:36
Message: <4dafebe0$1@news.povray.org>
7dgedas wrote:

> The key point is to avoid loading textures, as it is relatively slow. I want to,
> say, simply rotate object and save to file without loading textures each
> time(theoretically no need for that at all).

This is currently not possible without modifying the source code.
If the texture is a large image file you might try storing it on a
virtual RAM disk so reloading will be fast.

Some time ago I made a little hack to the 3.7 beta sources that
allows to keep variables across frames (its mostly a matter of not
clearing the symbol table after each render), this was helpful to
make animations of large data sets. The license does not allow to
distribute modified beta versions, but I do intend to make this
available at some point after the final release of 3.7.