POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Welcome to the future : Re: Welcome to the future Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:12:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Welcome to the future
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 19 Apr 2011 16:49:25
Message: <4dadf555$1@news.povray.org>
>> Now, you could say that's fairness in the most absolute sense, but,
>> sometimes its best to allow a human being to intervene.
>
> In the USA, the police are supposed to look at the picture and all and
> make the decision based on all those factors. Nothing is *supposed* to
> go out automatically without review.
>
> Then they figured out they could make it a "fee" rather than an actual
> ticket you might be able to fight in court.

I heard some guy here took a speeding ticket to court - and won.

The reason? His car wasn't breaking the speed limit. The bus on the
other side of the road was.

In short, the machine is /not/ always right.

Now, the real WTF: Why the hell was a bus [which is government property]
breaking the speed limit? And was the driver prosecuted??

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/