POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Welcome to the future : Re: Welcome to the future Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Welcome to the future
From: nemesis
Date: 18 Apr 2011 13:26:19
Message: <4dac743b@news.povray.org>
Invisible escreveu:
> On 12/04/2011 21:24, nemesis wrote:
>> see, your blog would be much more active if you reserved such texts for
>> it. ;)
>
> No, if I put this on my blog, I would have just got no responses at all.
> :-P Nobody actually reads my blog. (Well, except me of course...)

nobody reads because you keep blogging about dancing instead of
interesting stuff like this? ;)

>> You know you're in the future when you have your telephone, stereo, book
>> library, TV set, bank account and games right with you all the time in
>> your pocket. And Space Invaders looks better than Star Wars.
>
> Star Wars. How apt. The originals were made at a time when technology
> could barely do anything, and they're brilliant. The new ones were made
> in a modern age of technical excellence, and they're awful...

isn't it the same for everything else?  Like... music?

They are awful, but still technically excelent.

my point is even games these days look better than Star Wars back
then... :-)

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9