POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Welcome to the future : Re: Welcome to the future Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:13:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Welcome to the future
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 12 Apr 2011 15:48:18
Message: <4da4ac82$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/04/2011 06:25 PM, Stephen wrote:
> I remember reading an article in the late 50's or early 60's saying that
> flatscreen monitors would be impossible. Of course it was talking about
> CRTs

Our lab *had* several flat CRTs. (We recently got rid of them. They were
quite old by now.)

Of course, the glass was flatter than the actual tube, to give a greater
impression of flatness than actually exists. The monitors were huge, so
the radius of curvature is lower anyway. And by twiddling knobs, you can
adjust which part of the image is out of focus. ;-)

I'm still looking forward to the day when they invent a way to have
high-resolution images at the cinema. Currently they can't even seem to
get all of it in focus...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/