POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Animate Text Around a Sphere : Re: Animate Text Around a Sphere Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:59:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animate Text Around a Sphere
From: Stephen
Date: 9 Apr 2011 05:38:45
Message: <4da02925$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/04/2011 10:23 AM, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>
>>> Missusing union causes many "Sould have more than one
>>> objects in CSG".
>>
>> Yes my constant companion. :-(
>> But a necessary evil.
>
> You could suggest to the Bishop3D team that unions
> with one element get exported as object instead.

I obviously did not make myself clear. Putting a single object in a
union is a workaround because Bishop3D does not have a local axis and if
you want to rotate the object around a point, that is the only way to do it.
If Bishop3D did as you suggest then it would break its import feature
and import the object as fixed at the point of import.

I did, of course, suggest to the development team that a local axis
would be useful. That was some years ago.

--
Regards
     Stephen