POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : a challenge of sorts : Re: a challenge of sorts Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a challenge of sorts
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 8 Apr 2011 15:54:08
Message: <4d9f67e0$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/08/2011 03:53 PM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 07/04/2011 21:26, Jim Holsenback nous fit lire :
>> I was thinking it's about time to change our documentation lead in image:
>> http://wiki.povray.org/content/File:DocImgPovlogotext.jpg
>>
>> Now I'm /not/ proposing a contest as the only prize would be your
>> personal satisfaction, well OK you might get a credit in the docs for
>> the image.
>>
>> What I'm looking for ... the pov-logo /has/ to be part of it, uses one
>> or two new features, png format. Size of current image OK but /must/ be
>> less than 680px wide.
>>
>> Comments?
>
> Questions... might I dare ?
>
> what are the new features ?
> (I'm not even sure what is new and what is not, excepted the wonderful
> Subsurface... which I do not understand yet).

yes ... subsurface is one. let's see ... backside diffuse, area
illumination ... mesh_cam allows texture baking. several new pigment
patterns, and a new shape, use of hdr/exr light maps:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_1#Changes_and_New_Features_Summary

if I left something out.

I also thought this make a cool collaborative effort. I want to get
something that /POPS/ ... so I guess I'd like to see if some of you top
echelon artists might like to add to the effort. Lately there's also
been some pretty cool techniques flying around in this news group and I
think SDL is a strong point of povray so, some of the macros that have
been posted could be put to good use ...

I'd to tie the end product into a distribution scene file ... maybe a
"the making of" story/tutorial/whatever

Too much blue sky?

Jim