POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Invisible plane to shade objects : Re: Invisible plane to shade objects Server Time
2 Jul 2024 12:37:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invisible plane to shade objects
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 6 Apr 2011 14:36:40
Message: <4d9cb2b8$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/06/2011 03:06 PM, gregtom6 wrote:
> Hy everybody!
>
> How can I create an invisible plane to shade objects? I need this, because
> there's an another object, what have a lot of point lights, and their power are
> too strong.

You can vary the see through properties of the plane (or any other
object) with pigment identifiers ... rgbt or rgbf is what you should be
looking for:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_2.1#Specifying_Colors

But maybe you don't need to shade with an object. You could vary the
strength of the light source ...

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_2.1#The_Light_Source

maybe fade distance might be helpful, but have a look at the entire
tutorial just to get a feel for what's going on.