POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Invisible plane to shade objects : Re: Invisible plane to shade objects Server Time
2 Jul 2024 12:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invisible plane to shade objects
From: Alain
Date: 6 Apr 2011 14:32:14
Message: <4d9cb1ae@news.povray.org>

> Hy everybody!
>
> How can I create an invisible plane to shade objects? I need this, because
> there's an another object, what have a lot of point lights, and their power are
> too strong.

How about reducing the power of your point_lights, or beter, combine
them into one area_light? Good if they are aranged into a squarish,
circular or spherical pattern.

The area_light would have the advantage of been faster, especialy if you
use the adaptive feature.
Add circular to have it act as if it was a disk.
Also add orient to have it acts like a sperical light.

Anyway, you can add no_image to any object. The affected object will
still cast shadows and be visible in reflection. If you also want it to
eacape reflection, then also add no_reflection.

Alain