POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Brick texture : Re: Brick texture Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brick texture
From: Alain
Date: 6 Apr 2011 13:38:45
Message: <4d9ca525@news.povray.org>

> Im trying to create a brick texture on a house shaped box but am having trouble:
>
> this is the code for my box (without trying to add brick texture)
>
> box {<-Hx,0,1>,<  Hx,Hy,9>
>        texture { pigment{ color White}
>                  finish { phong 1}
>                } // end of texture
>        scale<1,1,1>  rotate<0,0,0>  translate<0,0,0>
>      no_shadow
>      }
>
> and i have been trying to put one of the following examples in
> http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.0/368/
> but keep getting declared errors and have no idea what to do, can anyone help?

In your code, you have the following user variables: Hx, Hy, White.

The variable "White" is declared in colors.inc. It's not initialised by
default.
You need to include that file as follow:
#include "colors.inc"

In that file, it's defined as:
#declare White   = rgb 1;

If it's the only colour you use, you can add just that #declare to your
code.

Place that line early in your code before you use any colour name.

Hx and Hy are also user variable. You need to explicitely #declare them
before you use them.
#declare Hx = 23;

Keep in mind that anything starting with an UPERCASE character is always
a "user" variable. You may declare it yourself, or have it declared in
some include file.

Alain