POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 2,296 grains : Re: 27,841 grains Server Time
17 May 2024 04:27:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 27,841 grains
From: stbenge
Date: 5 Apr 2011 14:53:28
Message: <4d9b6528$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/4/2011 12:01 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Better and better!
>
> You know, Sam, this is very like RL. I just cannot help myself to see a
> river bed here. I hope you will develop further along these lines. Great
> work, as usual.

I'll definitely be following up on this idea. There are so many avenues
to take though...

I'm now using the system to evaluate points between frames, to space
them apart. I was able to work on 2,048 points for 15 frames, and it
took a little over a minute to parse/render @512x512, with 2
light_sources. As it turns out, calling another program by using an ini
file is very easy.

Pretty soon I'll finally be able fill objects with actual
non-intersecting spherical shapes... Gumball machine, here I come!