POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Quadtrees/Octrees: Possible with POV's SDL? : Re: Quadtrees/Octrees: Possible with POV's SDL? Server Time
30 Jun 2024 02:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quadtrees/Octrees: Possible with POV's SDL?
From: stbenge
Date: 3 Apr 2011 23:53:59
Message: <4d9940d7$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/3/2011 3:39 PM, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> stbenge wrote:
>
>> I may investigate the possibility of calling a batch file from within
>> POV-Ray so I can perform calculations iteratively between frames.
>
> You can also take the reverse approach and write a batch
> file that executes generator and render as needed.

Whichever way works best.... I'll find out :)

I read that for some discrete element methods (DEMs) the
neighbor-finding part needs to only be calculated once every few frames.
I'm sure this has its consequences, but it would be a good way to save
time. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do that... I might need to
write an extra program just to generate batch files on-the-fly...