POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray and large sdl code. : Re: Povray and large sdl code. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray and large sdl code.
From: CShake
Date: 22 Mar 2011 22:42:27
Message: <4d895e13@news.povray.org>
On 2011-03-22 05:25, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>> ... Anyone have an idea how I could work with large files! Have been
>> searching for a alternative Editor that supports povray syntax
>> highlighting on both MAC and Windows but with no result.
>
> I guess no one can resist the temptation to participate on a "text
> editor war"... :)
>
> In my case, I always edit big meshes exported by Poseray with SciTe.
>  From the ones I tried, it's the fastest one reaching the end of the file
> (which is what I usually need, to edit or cut the meshes instances).

+1 for SCiTE, which I think I started using after reading Jaime's
website a few years ago in fact. The Ctrl+D functionality I haven't been
able to find in any other editor (cross-platform at least), and it
starts basically as fast as notepad (before Vista bloated it). There's a
long list of other things I like too.

Of course the newest syntax introduced in 3.7 isn't highlighted yet, but
I assume the parser can be edited to add them since it's all open source.