POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : glow with shine around the object : Re: glow with shine around the object Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: glow with shine around the object
From: clipka
Date: 20 Mar 2011 05:09:02
Message: <4d85c42e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 20.03.2011 04:54, schrieb CAD-Andi:
> I have a huge scene where I have many many objects with glowing media inside
> "interior { media { emission<0.6,0.8,1>*.05 } }". How can I create a shine
> around these glowing objects without post processing? Can this be done with fog
> or media? The Light-saber approach where one needs to create a larger version of
> these objects, putting some other media inside would not be possible for me.

The latter would be the usual way to go though.

Another approach would be to place the camera inside a transparent
sphere with ior, and add an averaged texture in front: One (stronger)
sub-texture being totally invisible, the other (weaker) sub-texture
having high-frequency perturbed normals. To be used with strong
anti-aliasing or focal blur. However, this approach is only useful for
creating halos around exceptionally bright objects.