POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : About Crevice Grime - Feature Request : Re: About Crevice Grime - Feature Request Server Time
28 Sep 2024 06:13:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About Crevice Grime - Feature Request
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 14 Mar 2011 06:31:31
Message: <4d7dee83$1@news.povray.org>

> If I understand your request correctly, that feature already exists: It
> is called "mesh camera". It will still require two render passes, but
> should do what you want.

   Yes, indeed... the mesh texture can be easily baked as a grayscale
image, which can be used then in several ways with POV-Ray textures. I
did some tests with "pseudo-AO" which were interrupted by Real Life:

http://www.ignorancia.org/uploads/tools-and-objects/mesh_camera/baking_demo_ao_bronze-verdi.jpg
http://www.ignorancia.org/uploads/tools-and-objects/mesh_camera/baking_demo_ao_marble-verdi.jpg
http://www.ignorancia.org/uploads/tools-and-objects/mesh_camera/baking_demo_ao_copper.jpg

> Note however that this is a limited solution, as it can be used for mesh
> objects only.

   Which is just what Edouard requested... :)

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org