POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Realtime raytracing in javascript : Re: Realtime raytracing in javascript Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realtime raytracing in javascript
From: Invisible
Date: 10 Mar 2011 06:43:20
Message: <4d78b958@news.povray.org>
On 10/03/2011 11:25 AM, Mike Raiford wrote:

> Aw, heck. My iPhone can run quake :P

And to think my mother paid £3,000 (on credit, obviously) for a PC which
was only just powerful enough to handle Quake II.

(I assumed that it was *normal* for it to take 20 minutes to load each
level. And to run at 320x240 with monochrome lighting and no texture
filtering. Imagine my shock when I ran it on a more manly PC. Coloured
lighting. Linear texture filtering. And levels that load in a split second!)