POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Realtime raytracing in javascript : Re: Realtime raytracing in javascript Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:27:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realtime raytracing in javascript
From: scott
Date: 10 Mar 2011 04:48:02
Message: <4d789e52$1@news.povray.org>
> I have a graphing calculator. I'm not sure if it's a Z80 or a 6502. What
> I do know is that you can't program it. Oh, there is a "programming
> language" for it, but all it allows you to do is automate a series of
> key presses. That's *it*. You can't, for example, write a program that
> generates a list of data, and then plot that data.
>
> Still, what do you expect from Casio?

When I was finishing school (around 1998) the TI-86 was the most popular
calculator (I think our school got a special deal somehow and almost
every math/science student bought one).  You could program it directly
either in some BASIC-like language or assembler, or you could connect it
up to a PC to download stuff.  I remember someone wrote/ported super
mario for it, it took a while for the teachers to realise that people
had games on their calculators!