POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Database Questions : Re: Database Questions Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Database Questions
From: Invisible
Date: 10 Mar 2011 04:17:52
Message: <4d789740$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/03/2011 05:11 PM, Darren New wrote:

> I think they turned off the encryption of the low bits back in Clinton's
> timeframe, when other countries started threatening to launch their own
> satellites. I think civilian GPS is quite accurate now.

My satnav device cannot accurately determine which motorway I'm on.
Given that a six-lane motorway isn't exactly small, this implies a very
large inaccuracy in the GPS location.

(Of course, I suppose they may have turned off the encryption, but that
doesn't mean that a specific device knows about this fact...)