POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Database Questions : Re: Database Questions Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:14:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Database Questions
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Mar 2011 14:27:21
Message: <4d77d499$1@news.povray.org>
Tom Austin wrote:
> Not exactly - we at times have to 'adjust' the coords to achieve better
> accuracy once they are int he system.  It sucks that after you get a lot
> of data your client gives you the 'revised' requirements that cause such
> changes.

So the GPS is *not* something that uniquely identifies the pole, or the
customer wouldn't be able to tell you it was wrong. :-) So that shouldn't be
the PK in this case.

> look at aerial imagery - see pole - that's the GPS.

That's another way to do it. :-)

> We have had clients require specs that someone in an office without
> experience must have come up with.  Must be withing xx accuracy - must
> add up to +- xx difference.  Possible, but very expensive to actually
> meet the requirements.

Yeah. When it comes time to mark the roads, they still send someone out with
a metal detector and a can of spray paint.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"