POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nameless : Re: Nameless Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nameless
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Mar 2011 15:33:55
Message: <4d7692b3@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> I tend to think if a system is designed right to start
> with, backwards compatibility isn't so bad.

Yes. In my experience, the biggest backward compatibility problem is when
you go from a very limited special-purpose something and slowly and
progressively turn it step by step into something tremendously general.

Think, say, of XML being used to specify a programming language.

If you have lots of defaults that nobody ever uses, or lots of syntax to
indicate old-style vs new style, you're probably screwed.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"