POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random wonderings 0x20c26764ae15b956c9a5eb7c1a237639 : Re: Random wonderings 0x20c26764ae15b956c9a5eb7c1a237639 Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:14:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random wonderings 0x20c26764ae15b956c9a5eb7c1a237639
From: clipka
Date: 8 Mar 2011 13:23:07
Message: <4d76740b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 07.03.2011 12:58, schrieb Mike Raiford:

> Take any mass and collapse it down small enough and it'll become a black
> hole. Once it reaches a critical ration of mass/volume, then you'll have
> a black hole. It may not last too long, or it may; and if it does, it
> would be rather irresponsible to create one so close to our own planet.

Don't worry - if such an experiment can be conducted by man (and some
say that with the newest CERN particle accelerator it might be
possible), then nature does it all the time as well, thereby having
already proven it a harmless prank.

Essentially, any success in creating an artificial black hole in a
controlled environment with current technology would prove that black
holes do decay over time, as otherwise our universe would already be
full of them.

(I personally favor the idea that leptons, quarks and the like might be
black holes themselves; kind of like the smallest black holes you can
possibly get.)