POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random wonderings 0x20c26764ae15b956c9a5eb7c1a237639 : Re: Random wonderings 0x20c26764ae15b956c9a5eb7c1a237639 Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random wonderings 0x20c26764ae15b956c9a5eb7c1a237639
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Mar 2011 12:07:56
Message: <4d7510ec$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Why do the majority of cartoon characters only have 8 digits instead of 10?

It's easier to draw.

> The unit square contains an infinite number of points. But is it
> countably or uncountably infinite?

Uncountable. Even the numbers between 0 and 1 are uncountable.

> make a /small/ black hole?

Squeeze something small very hard. Like, during the big bang era, or inside
a nova or something like that.

 > Surely a small object wouldn't generate
> anywhere near enough gravity to form a black hole.

You have to help.

> If the speed of light is constant, how the hell does light undergo
> Doppler shift?

The frequency of light (so to speak) is related to the energy of the photon.
If you're moving towards the source of the photons, they'll have more energy
and hence look more blue. If you're moving away, they'll have less energy
and look read.

> Why do almost all species of birds bob their heads when they walk?

If I had to guess, I'd say it's to keep their eyes still while they're
walking, like a dancer spotting during a spin. However, that's entirely a guess.

> What is the purpose of receipts?

To give you a record of what and when and how much you paid for something.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"