POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Prices in America? : Re: Prices in America? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prices in America?
From: Stephen
Date: 4 Mar 2011 07:13:30
Message: <4d70d76a$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/03/2011 9:49 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

> Sounds like a pretty bad offer all said.  Shame, that.

It was from one of those Indian consultancies that do as much work
offshore as possible, pay below the line rates and somehow convince
their clients that they do quality work.

> That wouldn't be very high risk health-wise, unless you were in the 'bad'
> part of Chicago. ;-)

I try to stay clear of "the bad parts" as I was brought up in one of the
bad parts of Glasgow. ;-)

> Yeah, so those you probably would have needed coverage for here unless
> you could bring a large enough supply (and then you'd have to check on
> legality of bringing them in, too.  I want to say that paracetamol is an
> example of something that's not offered here in the US - as an example,
> but there are equivalents.

I did not know that about paracetamol in the US. My doctor gave me a
prescription for it so I can get it in bulk. Although it is "over the
counter" here in the UK, you are not allowed to buy more than two
packets at the one time.

>> Did I ever say that twice I've worked round the clock on the day the
>> clocks went back? Try putting that on a time sheet. ;-)
>
> Egads, that must've been fun. :-)

I was younger then and got paid for the first time. The second time I
was a staff and only got sleeping time.

> I'll have to remember that you are an SAP person, I actually spent some
> time at the conference talking to someone who works for SAP (in their
> education department) based in Germany (though she's originally from the
> Midlands).
>
> If the discussions she and I had at the conference turn up anything, I
> may need your input on some things. :-)

No problem but remember I'm "Logistics" specifically  Plant Maintenance
and Customer Service.

--
Regards
     Stephen