POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Either my computer's PSU has taken a dive, or SpeedFan is reading the sensors incorrectly : Re: Either my computer's PSU has taken a dive, or SpeedFan is readingthesensorsincorrectly Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Either my computer's PSU has taken a dive, or SpeedFan is readingthesensorsincorrectly
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 3 Mar 2011 08:28:48
Message: <4d6f9790$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/1/2011 7:24 PM, Stephen wrote:
> On 26/02/2011 11:54 PM, clipka wrote:
>>> Any idea what the max working temperature is?
>>
>> Not really. I think back then I found some information indicating that
>> around 90 degrees Celsius is a "healthy" upper value, but I can't give a
>> guarantee for that information.
>
> I think I found out :-(
> Round about 94/5 degrees C my laptop shut down. I had been Poving with
> SSLT all day.

Wow! Mine has yet to kick off. In fact, with as much SSLT rendering as I
have been doing lately, the system has remained quite stable. I guess
the cooling on my PC is working.

According to the temp sensors on the die core 0 reached the boiling
point at some time. (!) I'm guessing I was at work, it was warm outside

I call inaccurate reading. No way it could be that hot and survive. Core
0 always seems to read rather hot.

CPU (As a whole, measured from the sensor under the socket) reads a max
of 88 and a min of 33. That seems reasonable. The heat sink must be
working, though, because the core temps drop from 90-40 within seconds
after a render has ended.