POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coding at Microsoft : Re: Coding at Microsoft Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coding at Microsoft
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Mar 2011 13:27:10
Message: <4d6e8bfe$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   (What makes these projects interesting is that template metaprogramming
> is not just a curiosity, but it's actually being in some cases used for
> great benefit.)

Yeah. I don't think Ada computes stuff like that at compile time. The C++
template system is definitely the most powerful mechanism I've seen on a
language of that class, with FORTH really being a close second. But stuff
like LISP and Tcl just can't get the sort of efficiency you can with a
language that really targets the bare metal like that.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"