POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Some people can draw... : Re: Some people can draw... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some people can draw...
From: Invisible
Date: 2 Mar 2011 11:28:33
Message: <4d6e7031$1@news.povray.org>
>> That may be the case for you but better tools make me get more out of
>> them.
>
> That's not what I see in general: compare our angular, plain and boring
> architecture engineered with the help of CAD software with that from the
> baroque period;

Styles change. These days, if you build an intricate piece of
architecture like that, everyone would go "eh, that's very old and out
of date isn't it?"

> Mozart symphonies to trance music made with computers;

I happen to *like* trance. :-P

(Which is more than I can say about Mozart symphonies... mostly because
I don't remember any of them.)

I will grant you though that we are currently flooded with cheap
mass-produced music that isn't very good. I guess we have simple
economics to blame, rather than computers. I suspect people are still
out there making good music; it's just harder to find now.