POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Some people can draw... : Re: Some people can draw... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some people can draw...
From: Invisible
Date: 2 Mar 2011 11:24:12
Message: <4d6e6f2c@news.povray.org>
On 28/02/2011 05:07 PM, nemesis wrote:

> better tools made us dumber. We have a remote in our hands and no desire
> other than zapping mindlessly...

Speak for yourself. :-P

I doubt I'd have learned about the Laplace transform, waveguide
synthesis, numerical integration, fractal geometry, or a dozen other
things if I lived way back in the days when "computer" was a valid human
occupation.

> Sometimes I wonder about a modern digital sound studio in the hands of
> Bach or Degas in the possession of photoshop...

Bach + DAW = the world is no longer safe. O_O

My god, the fugal possibilities are terrifying...