POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coding at Microsoft : Re: Coding at Microsoft Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coding at Microsoft
From: Invisible
Date: 1 Mar 2011 03:55:15
Message: <4d6cb473$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/02/2011 05:12 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> but he didn't bother to change the default combination. (??!)
>
> No, he cracked the safe. Safes don't have default combinations, unless
> they're digital, which they weren't 60 years ago.

There *was* a story about Feynman cracking combinations. But there was
also a big safe that he couldn't crack, and when the guy came to drill
it, he wanted to see how it was done. The guy told him he just used the
default combination, because it hadn't been changed.

(I can't be bothered to look up the page numbers right now...)