POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : +UA acting unexpectedly,Windows POV 3.6 : Re: +UA acting unexpectedly,Windows POV 3.6 Server Time
3 May 2024 15:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: +UA acting unexpectedly,Windows POV 3.6
From: clipka
Date: 28 Feb 2011 22:22:50
Message: <4d6c668a$1@news.povray.org>
Am 28.02.2011 13:34, schrieb Scott M:

> I pasted the script from the bug report back into POV and re-ran. This time it
> broke differently, and I've posted a screen shot to
>
> http://ikrast.game-host.org/Badness.jpg
>
> This time, instead of an all-black sphere, I get random black bands across the
> display window where the sphere is. (In Window's photo viewer they are
> transparent, not black.)

Weird. Looks like /something/ related to transparency isn't properly
initialized.

I'm not a POV-Ray 3.6 expert though - all I do is 3.7.

Maybe you want to go for the current 3.7.0 release candidate instead.
Faster (supporting multi-core CPUs), better, nicer, and I did some work
on the alpha handling there myself, so if there happens to be something
wrong as well, I'm right here to take the blame :-)

3.7.0 release proper is just a few weeks ahead, so if you're new into
POV-Ray anyway, I suggest to skip 3.6.