POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coding at Microsoft : Re: Coding at Microsoft Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:13:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coding at Microsoft
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 28 Feb 2011 15:09:59
Message: <4d6c0117@news.povray.org>
>> *possible* to have more than two monitors.
>
> I'm guessing multiple video cards.

Yeah. I mean, my video card has 2 outputs, but I don't recall seeing any
with more than that.

>> (I'm still trying to figure out why you'd want two in the first place...)
>
> Because you've never tried it, or you don't seriously work with computers.

Well, I guess I only spend 90% of my day job and 70% of my spare time
sat in front of a computer.

> Does your desk have room for more than just a keyboard and mouse? What
> else do you put on it?

So... you put a second monitor there just to fill up the otherwise
unused space? That seems like a pretty weak justification for something
so expensive.

>> I still find it scary that people have written C programs that take
>> longer than 0.003 seconds to compile. How huge would they have to be?
>
> Last one I worked on took about 45 minutes to compile, and it included
> tons of already-compiled stuff for which we didn't have the source.

OOC, how many million lines was it?

> I'm a little surprised they don't seem to use the tools they sell to others.

Isn't this the same company who's main web server was running Apache
under Linux, and not IIS?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/