POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coding at Microsoft : Re: Coding at Microsoft Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coding at Microsoft
From: scott
Date: 28 Feb 2011 07:40:52
Message: <4d6b97d4$1@news.povray.org>
>> Gosh! You must have a big petrol tank. My 8 GB of DDR3 850 cost 260 GBP
>
> A quick browse shows that ebuyer can sell me a 2GB stick of DDR3 for
> £16. (They don't seem to sell anything bigger.)

I found 4GB sticks on amazon for 32 pounds.  I guess it will depend on
your motherboard if it can accept 4x2GB or 2x4GB.  Most new motherboards
(apart from the budget ones) seem to accept up to 16 or 24GB.

> Then again, when did you buy this? Prices for almost everything
> computer-related are in constant free-fall, after all...

I've had 8GB for a couple of years now, no idea how much it cost back
then, it came with the rest of the computer (I think it is 4x2GB, but
I've never opened it up).