POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Compass final : Re: Compass final Server Time
30 Apr 2024 22:30:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compass final
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 28 Feb 2011 07:27:23
Message: <4d6b94ab$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/28/2011 08:14 AM, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> Jim Holsenback wrote:
>
>> uses no light source ... just an hdr light probe.
>
> Neat! So it's just reflections and radiosity?

no radiosity ... it just made things look too washed out, so I tried to
use less emission on the light dome image but couldn't find "sweet" spot
that gave me the look I wanted

> The needle looks a bit flat to me, probably due to lack of shadow.

yep ... also the edge of the compass case looses some depth as well. I'd
appreciate any tips from some of you pros might have on things to over
come those issues ... not a bad attempt for only my first few hdr tries,
hopefully I'll get better :-)