POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coding at Microsoft : Re: Coding at Microsoft Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:26:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coding at Microsoft
From: Invisible
Date: 28 Feb 2011 05:49:59
Message: <4d6b7dd7$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/02/2011 02:25 AM, Darren New wrote:
> That's pretty cool.

The idea of a computer having 8GB of RAM is strange and foreign to me.
Much less a mere desktop PC. It's also news to me that it's even
*possible* to have more than two monitors. (I'm still trying to figure
out why you'd want two in the first place...)

[Also, I hadn't looked at this recently, but apparently SSDs are now
available in capacities that might actually be useful. I.e., more than a
piffling 8GB. Still bloody expensive though.]

I still find it scary that people have written C programs that take
longer than 0.003 seconds to compile. How huge would they have to be?

Also links to some interesting stuff about source control. I'm presuming
it's talking about the traditional, centralised kind, rather than the
new-fangled "distributed version control", where every repository is a
branch.