POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : +UA acting unexpectedly,Windows POV 3.6 : Re: +UA acting unexpectedly,Windows POV 3.6 Server Time
3 May 2024 18:59:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: +UA acting unexpectedly,Windows POV 3.6
From: clipka
Date: 28 Feb 2011 04:42:42
Message: <4d6b6e12$1@news.povray.org>
Am 28.02.2011 03:32, schrieb Scott M:

> If I'm doing this wrong, what's the right way? Suggestions very welcome,
> thanks.

With the scene and settings you specified, I can't confirm that
behaviour for POV-Ray 3.6.2: No jet black sphere in the preview, and no
"hole" in the output PNG. Everything looks like I guess it should: +UA
and -UA preview & output look virtually identical, except that with +UA
the slab is surrounded by transparency rather than blackness.

Are you sure that's exactly the code & settings you tried with?

Exactly what version of POV-Ray are you using?