POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Poser 7 - $29.99 : Re: Poser 7 - $29.99 Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser 7 - $29.99
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 27 Feb 2011 16:37:13
Message: <4d6ac409$1@news.povray.org>

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7040856&CatId=4434

>> Not quite as good as getting an older version free on a CD/DVD in a
>> graphics magazine, but then, I haven't gotten anything worth shit like
>> that in years from one. lol
>
> An alternative would be DAZ Studio (though it doesn't come with as much
> free stuff).
>
> Smith Micro also offers something they call "Poser Debut" for some $50;
> I have no idea though whether it's worth it.
On the other hand, DAZ has an insane mess of free stuff from the site
you can get, and like a "monthly" freebie, or some such. Haven't dove
into it a lot, since most of my 3D isn't character, when I do any at
all, and the only place I might use it is animations/poses for Second
Life. Daz.. I am not sure lets you get a text version of the animation,
or *turn off* the parts that you don't want to export (not all are
supported in SL). And the rest of the stuff, like objects, and even
alternate character meshes, are useless in SL, since even the OpenSim
systems that support mesh, which SL doesn't at all, don't support upload
of new skins/skeletons for AVs.

Only thing I need it for is maybe making some animations, or poses, so
$30 was a lot nicer deal than $250. lol