POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Either my computer's PSU has taken a dive, or SpeedFan is reading the sensors incorrectly : Re: Either my computer's PSU has taken a dive, or SpeedFan is readingthesensorsincorrectly Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:12:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Either my computer's PSU has taken a dive, or SpeedFan is readingthesensorsincorrectly
From: clipka
Date: 26 Feb 2011 19:25:17
Message: <4d6999ed$1@news.povray.org>
Am 27.02.2011 00:55, schrieb Sherry Shaw:
> clipka wrote:
>> ...("Lipa" is polish for lime (linden) tree; "Lipka" is the
>> deminuitive form; the "C" is from "Christoph".)
>
> BTW, pardon me for going off the off-topic topic, but is it just me, or
> are there really, really lots of guys named
> Cristoph/Cristopher/Christian/Chris around here? Has anyone ever
> calculated the Chris Quotient for this place?

I think the quotient is still comparatively low among the POV-Ray
/users/ - but the list of developers & contributors seems to be swarming
with them: There's Christopher Cason, Christoph Hormann and Christoph
Lipka among the active ones; plus past contributors Chris Dailey, Chris
Huff and Chris Young. Of all those contributors listed in POV-Ray's
startup message, we account for 15% thoughout all of POV-Ray's history,
and 37.5% for the 3.7 version.

Among the users, I've always found the high percentage of Steves and
Stephens striking; and the coincidence of both our Jims having the
initials J.H.