POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cheapest way to get some kind of Windows install? : Re: Cheapest way to get some kind of Windows install? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:12:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cheapest way to get some kind of Windows install?
From: Invisible
Date: 25 Feb 2011 04:51:13
Message: <4d677b91$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/02/2011 09:39 AM, scott wrote:
>>> Where did you look?
>>
>> Well, given that MS stopped supplying XP several years ago, that means
>> that you can't (legally) buy it.
>
> Oh yeh, I forgot MS also demanded every person in the world to destroy
> any copy of XP they had...

It's against the terms of the EULA to resell an XP license if you've
used it. (And let's face it, how many people will have paid hundreds of
pounds for something and not used it?)

> If you refuse to believe that you can still legally buy XP, then I guess
> you'll just have to buy a Win7 license:
>
> Yes. OEM versions of Windows 7 Professional may be downgraded to either
> Windows Vista Business or Windows XP Professional."

Ooo, that's interesting. So now instead of the problem being a product
that's unavailable, the problem is now merely one that's expensive.

Even more interesting... Checking the nearest website shows that you can