POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cheapest way to get some kind of Windows install? : Re: Cheapest way to get some kind of Windows install? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cheapest way to get some kind of Windows install?
From: scott
Date: 25 Feb 2011 04:39:31
Message: <4d6778d3$1@news.povray.org>
>> Where did you look?
>
> Well, given that MS stopped supplying XP several years ago, that means
> that you can't (legally) buy it.

Oh yeh, I forgot MS also demanded every person in the world to destroy
any copy of XP they had...

> The annoying thing is, I already *have* the software. Now if I could
> just obtain a legal license key...

If you refuse to believe that you can still legally buy XP, then I guess
you'll just have to buy a Win7 license:

"Can I downgrade my OEM version of Windows 7 Professional to Windows
Vista Business or Windows XP Professional?
Yes. OEM versions of Windows 7 Professional may be downgraded to either
Windows Vista Business or Windows XP Professional."

http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/8/9/68964284-864d-4a6d-aed9-f2c1f8f23e14/Downgrade_Rights.docx