POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cheapest way to get some kind of Windows install? : Re: Cheapest way to get some kind of Windows install? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:25:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cheapest way to get some kind of Windows install?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 25 Feb 2011 04:32:36
Message: <4d677734$1@news.povray.org>
Le 25/02/2011 10:23, Invisible a écrit :
> On 25/02/2011 09:08 AM, scott wrote:
>>> Yeah, I've been wondering about this. I want to set up a VM with Windows
>>> XP, but it's impossible to buy it even if I wanted to...
>>
>> Where did you look?
>
> Well, given that MS stopped supplying XP several years ago, that means
> that you can't (legally) buy it.
>
> The annoying thing is, I already *have* the software. Now if I could
> just obtain a legal license key...

Welcome in capitalist's IT. You pay for everything and yet you are not
in charge of what you bought.

Was it XP that introduced the wonderful activation code ?
The one with which if you upgrade too much, the system was to be
reactivated... or not!

It just eases maintenance & business, so it must be good (but not for you).