POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Not a bug, I must have incorrect expectations : Re: Not a bug, I must have incorrect expectations Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not a bug, I must have incorrect expectations
From: Alain
Date: 24 Feb 2011 13:26:52
Message: <4d66a2ec@news.povray.org>

> Alain<aze### [at] qwertyorg>  wrote:
>

>> Also, you should use a merge of the two transparent boxes.
>>

>> Alain
>
> Oh, I forgot to ask.  Why a merge?  The two transparent boxes do not have any
> shared area.  Which is what I thought a merge helped with.  Is this not the
> case?

Looking at your code again, and effectively, a merge is not needed in
this case.
I had the impression that the transparent boxes did overlap. Adding some
colour to them helped showing that there is no overlap.

As to why artefacts appeared or not after a small rotation: You may get
lucky sometimes and when viewed from a precise direction, you may always
detect the surfaces in the same order. The ior may, or not, have an effect.

Alain