POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : DVD production... : Re: DVD production... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DVD production...
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 22 Feb 2011 22:16:55
Message: <4d647c27@news.povray.org>
On 2/22/2011 1:04 AM, andrel wrote:
>> In my experience finding
>> *anything* that isn't from the US is like throwing a dart, blindfolded,
>> while someone moves the dart board, in another room, and trying to bank
>> the shot off a door that is swinging open and closed. You might get
>> lucky, or you might find that everything from the direction you are
>> facing, to the position of the door, to the fact that the guy holding
>> the board set it down to take a lunch break, all conspire to refuse
>> you. ;)
>
> Nice hyperbole but I don't think the nationality of the maker has
> anything to do with how easily you can find it. If it is not from the US
> the exposure in the US in other media will in general (but not e.g.
> Harry Potter) be lower and you may not know about it's existence, but it
> shouldn't influence results too much.

This was in reference to search in general *not* to searching for
something from another country. If you don't have the exact search
right, often what you end up with is a disaster. Had that issue looking
for books for my mother's Kindle for her. Last name got it, usually, but
sometimes listed like 495 books. The title, not so much, the first *and*
last name... don't bet on it always working, if at all. Drives me nuts
how bad search can be a lot of the time.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {