POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Babylon : Re: Babylon Server Time
13 May 2024 21:10:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Babylon
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 22 Feb 2011 18:32:33
Message: <4d644791$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/02/2011 17:54, clipka wrote:
> Am 22.02.2011 13:40, schrieb Zeger Knaepen:
>> I hope you all like it!
>
> I do.

thanks! :)

 > Incredible, to think that you did that in just about 2 months' time!

Well, I did use some (reworked) older work.  The planets (both earth and
the alien planet) for example are based on a planet-generator I made
years ago.  The lensflare was also designed years ago.

And also, most objects used are *extremely* simple.  I think none of the
scenes took more than 3 days to render, for sometimes up to 750 frames.
  I also used different tricks that allowed me to use a lower
AA-setting, like mipmapping, scaling things way too big to be realistic,
and using extremely simple textures for far away objects.

But still, I'm kinda proud of the result :)

cu!
--
ZK