POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : DVD production... : Re: DVD production... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DVD production...
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 21 Feb 2011 22:00:45
Message: <4d6326dd$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/21/2011 12:00 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> Invariably end up forgetting about something I use, but rarely, then
>> having to figure out how to get it installed again. lol
>
> I usually go through my start menu and my add/remove list and write
> everything down, making sure i have the install media for each before I
> wipe anything out.
>
> Plus, I keep copies of the install media for everything I've bought on a
> particular partition on a removable disk, so I don't have to go hunting.
> :-)

Yeah. All well in theory, but a lot of stuff is downloads, others are
from discs that I may not know the location of, and still others are
just cases where a reconfigured things six ways to Sunday, and getting
them back up in that state is a pain in the ass. How hard would it have
really been to track which changes a specific application made to the
registry, then let you "migrate" the damn things by processing out the
registry data for it. But, you know.. that would require them having a
clue themselves how the thing worked. lol

Still Definitely need to do something, fairly soon. Got at least two
games so far, one that won't even start, and the other than runs like
hell, and that both are horrid ports of the console version is less an
issue than that I know I would be better off if I actually *had* more
than one core, more memory, and wasn't tacking on external drives to
make up for how much room I don't have on the main one. :p

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {