POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : DVD production... : Re: DVD production... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DVD production...
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 21 Feb 2011 21:51:59
Message: <4d6324cf@news.povray.org>
On 2/21/2011 4:01 PM, andrel wrote:
> On 21-2-2011 23:34, Darren New wrote:
>> andrel wrote:

>>> In that case it looks like Amazon is filtering results based on IP
>>> number. In this case apparently to prevent US citizens to obtain
>>> highly subversive material.
>>
>> The link works fine for me.
>
> good to hear (assuming you can also 'find' it, as that was what Patrick
> claimed to be the problem). So it might not be subversive afterall.

Snort. As I said, I wasn't specifically looking for that one, at the
time, and if I was... I may have been looking through some other method,
like Pratchett, instead of Discworld. Hell, Amazon has "Going Postal"
listed in his movies, and its not even the one based on *his* book, but
some other one that just happens to share the name. Biggest issue with
search engines, no matter whose, is sometimes the apparently obvious
request sends you to the far corners of nowhere, or worse. lol

In any case, I originally found some of the stuff via Youtube, and
thought, "Hmm. Didn't see that the last time I looked for some of them,
but maybe I could get it free this way." Turned out that it was also the
*only* complete one on Youtube, other than the two animated ones. You
can just figure I didn't look too hard. In my experience finding
*anything* that isn't from the US is like throwing a dart, blindfolded,
while someone moves the dart board, in another room, and trying to bank
the shot off a door that is swinging open and closed. You might get
lucky, or you might find that everything from the direction you are
facing, to the position of the door, to the fact that the guy holding
the board set it down to take a lunch break, all conspire to refuse you. ;)

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {