POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : DVD production... : Re: DVD production... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:13:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DVD production...
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 21 Feb 2011 21:44:58
Message: <4d63232a$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/21/2011 11:30 AM, Stephen wrote:
> On 21/02/2011 5:19 PM, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> Hmm.. So, you can get it in the US, but the US site only shows Wyrd
>> Sisters and Soul Music (both animated).... Thanks. Was damned annoyed
>> that I couldn't find it.
>
> On Amazon.com I see it @ $7.93

http://www.amazon.com/Color-Magic-David-Jason/dp/B002436WFI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1298312882&sr=8-5

Wasn't seeing it before, but then I think I was looking for a different
one at the time. Seems they *don't* have Going Postal, though a movie by
the same name is misclassified in search when trying to find that, nor
is Guards! Guards!, both of which you can find Youtube trailers for, and
the former of which is included in the "collection" listed prominently
at the top of the UK list of shows. Frakking region coding. WTF is the
US entirely separate in the DVD classifications (except maybe Canada),
and lumped in with like Japan and China, rather than Europe, when
looking at BluRay? Bloody stupid if you ask me. Sigh...

Well, at least I can get some of them. Though, somehow being able to
watch BluRay region A/1 versions of Japanese porn, with all the actual
stuff happening blurred out, somehow doesn't *quite* seem to make up for
not being able to get British TV and movies, especially since some of
the more interesting (in being bizarre, if still blurred) stuff they do
on TV in Japan is *banned* due to what people are asked to do on some of
the shows. lol

But, yeah. Definitely not real happy that I either need a chipped
player, or wait around for someone to license the stuff here, to get 99%
of it.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {