POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : DVD production... : Re: DVD production... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DVD production...
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 21 Feb 2011 12:27:04
Message: <4d62a068$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/21/2011 1:47 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 20/02/2011 19:26, Patrick Elliott a écrit :
>>
>> Nero Recode + Super -  Super produces almost the same quality of video,
>> but I am short of space on my C drive (stupid choices made when setting
>> up the OS), and it doesn't let you set the temp folder any place but the
>> default C:/Windows/System/Temp... So, even if I go for a lower quality
>> copy, I can't translate it to VOB, so I can put it on the DVD.
>
> Have you checked the environment variables TMP&  TEMP ?
> (in the system&  user profiles)
Hmm. There is a thought. I tried hunting the registry for where Super
handled it, but couldn't find anything. Didn't think about looking
there. What I really need to do is remake my whole system again, but I
despise having to reinstall things. Invariably end up forgetting about
something I use, but rarely, then having to figure out how to get it
installed again. lol

Still. Just bloody wish Nero wasn't so obtuse about DVDs, which is to
say you can recode shit from video, etc., to VCD or SuperVCD, but for
some frakking reason you can't do the same with DVD (that I could find).
Found one case, which I don't remember how to get back to, where you
could add in a video, but then it refused to add more than one video...
Nice burner, but the stuff missing from it some times is just hair pulling.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {