POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Transparency with touching bodies : Re: Transparency with touching bodies Server Time
2 Jul 2024 12:05:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparency with touching bodies
From: Alain
Date: 17 Feb 2011 22:43:55
Message: <4d5deafb@news.povray.org>

> Am 17.02.2011 02:25, schrieb Alain:
>
>> A side note:
>> You don't need to use such small values, even working in mm. A POV-unit
>> can be any "real world" unit you want, from Parsects (or more) down to
>> Armstrong and smaller... All you need to do is to make your model
>> assuming that 1 unit = 1 mm.
>
> You probably mean Angstrom?
>
> Well, given that visible light has a wavelength of ~400-800 nm =
> 6000-8000 Angstrom, rendering results probably won't be too realistic at
> those dimensions :-P

If you use hard gamma rays as a light source and false colour it...

When working in microscopic scale, NO imaging is going to be realistic,
even a photo. Usualy, when going under the micrometer scale, colours
tend to loose any meaning. The same also appens to highlights soon after
that.
In the photos we see, any colour is from extremely concentrated dies and
post processing. Under a microscope, without dies, any cell looks prety
much colourless transparent, with the occasional speck of colour.

Alain