POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : projected_through Test. : Re: projected_through Test. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: projected_through Test.
From: clipka
Date: 17 Feb 2011 10:30:36
Message: <4d5d3f1c$1@news.povray.org>
Am 17.02.2011 14:22, schrieb Stephen:

> projected_through only seems to work when the light source is below the
> projected_through object. And the light is projected on the ceiling.
> Also if the light source is close in height to the object and to the
> side, the light is projected vertically upward and not through the object.
> This happens in Pov-Ray 3.5, 3.6 and RC3.
> I would appreciate it if someone would either confirm that this is

It's pretty simple: The projected_through object "sticks" to the light
source when it is translated around.

So if you want to know where your projected_through object /really/ is,
you'll need to use

#declare Target = box {...}
union {
   light_source {
     projected_through { Target }
   }
   object { Target no_shadow }
}

(Also note the no_shadow flag on the target.)

As another note: Are you sure projected_through really does what you
think it does? I'm still wondering what you intend to use it for in your
lamp scene.