POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Invisible: PureData : Re: Invisible: PureData Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invisible: PureData
From: Florian Pesth
Date: 16 Feb 2011 17:39:54
Message: <4d5c523a@news.povray.org>
Am Wed, 16 Feb 2011 14:16:15 +0000 schrieb Invisible:

> *Everything* with GNU in the name sucks on Windows!

As a sideremark - the gnu in gnuplot is not from GNU as in "GNU is not
Unix" but it is totally independent from the GNU project (originally it
was called newplot). I kind of like it, but than I'm the kind of
scientist it was written for. I would yet have to find a program having
as nice LaTeX pstricks output and being easily scriptable. I agree the
syntax is kind of clumsy but I probably would have come up with something
similar would I have written such program :).